Sunday, November 30

in love and loving it


It was not only once that someone tried to make me think that I'm uncool or narrow because I'm in a relationship, especially one that lasted more than a year now. Apparently, being in a relationship limits oneself and denies one from the otherwise limitless and greatly enjoyable experiences, opportunities and thrills of life - or just college life, maybe?! But really... I wonder how come I don't feel like that at all?!

I mean, I am perfectly happy and comfortable being in a relationship. I think loving someone, and being love in return, really is the greatest thing one can ever learn. Knowing that you can trust someone, that someone is there for you almost no matter what, or that you can always find comfort and understanding in someone - pretty much that someone is a friend and more than that and that he would not betray or hurt you deliberately ever...I believe that knowing, and rather feeling all this, gives one, at least me, happiness enough not to need to look for other great things...
I think that at one moment in time, I cannot have everything. I also know that what I really want and wish for is being happy and loved... and while "experiences" would give me some sort of thrill and excitement, I don't want to give the bird in hand for the one on the fence, especially since the one in hand is was more precious to me... Besides, I have a good share of thrill and excitement being in a relationship as well.

Now, I admit that it sometimes gets scary... when you may feel too dependent on one person... when you think that just as one person makes you so happy and at some point the person can go away with the happiness...
But really... there's nothing wrong with being in love and being with someone if it's a positive experience...

No comments: